It’s good to be back! Opening hours and food service times may vary. Check our Facebook page for our latest opening hours.
Why Our Pub is Great
The Trumpet Major pub is a great place for the family to eat out in Dorchester! With 170 seats, a large beer garden and patio area, and not one but two children's play areas, we’re a real family-friendly pub that serves epic meals for less thanks to our two-for-one meals deal. Available seven days a week, all main courses are buy one get the cheapest free.
Fancy something traditional? Head for our pub menu. It’s stuffed with favourites, or, if you’re in the mood to try something new, our extensive specials board will do the trick. Featuring world flavours, modern meal ideas, and chef’s versions of British dishes, it’s got plenty to tempt whatever your tastes!
Kids are going to love our children’s menu. The littlest monsters in the family can choose from all-time favourites, or they can enjoy small-person-sized versions of our favourite pub food.
Let’s not forget the bar… Ours is well stocked with quality cask ales, premium draughts, and great wines. We’ve also got a full range of soft drinks hot and cold—perfect for enjoying with one of our decadent puds!
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
With our extensive food menu, we can cater for all tastes. Try our succulent beef steaks, our beautiful burgers, or one of our many traditional pub classics or our Mega Meals - including our 30oz mega mixed grill! There’s a great choice of specials each day, featuring a world of wholesome, exciting meals for you, and don’t forget those luscious roasts designed to make every Sunday special. Great food – made all the more enjoyable thanks to Two for One.View our Menus